The Polytechnic has a well-stocked, spacious Library with 18110 reference and text books and 5009 Titles. Reputed 7 Newspapers, 27 Magazines and 40 National/ International Journals as well as e-resources are provided for reading to the students in the Library. It has a spacious fully Air Conditioning Reading Room that accommodates around 150 students at a time and fully Air Conditioning E-Library facility for students. Book Bank facility is also provided on merit-cum-means basis where complete set of books is given free of cost to the students for full Semester. Bonafide Students can also availed Library facility. There is complete digitization of library with the use of library software for circulation of books, barcoding of books and WEBOPAC facility. Reprography (Xerox) and Scanning Facilities are also provided in the library.
Library at a Glance
- National Journals
- International Journals
- Free E-Journals
|Humanities & Science
|Electronics and Telecommunication
||Total Area of the library
||361 Sq. mtr.
||Seating Capacity of the library
||Library networking facility
||Working hours of library
||10:00am to 5.30pm
- Book Bank for meritorious students.
- Display of New Arrivals,
- Reprography Facility,
- Scanning Facility,
- SMS Facility for circulation of Books,
- Departmental Library
- CDs, Journals and Magazines are also provided on Identity Card
- LED TV Display
- Question Paper Sets are Available.( last 3 Years)
- Wi-Fi Facility
- National Digital Library
- Reference Service
- Suggestion Box
- Video& Projector facility
- The Times of India
- Lokmat Times
- Maharashtra Times
- Employment News
Online Public Access Catalogue facility is available for searching books in library.
The institute has e-library which helps students in the following way:
- Access to large amounts of information to students whenever they need it.
- Access to primary information sources.
- Support multimedia content along with text.
- Network accessibility on Intranet and Internet.
- User friendly interface.
- Advanced search and retrieval.
PURPOSE OF E-LIBRARY
- Expedite the systematic development of procedures to collect, store and organize information in digital form.
- Promote efficient delivery of information economically to all students.
||Separate fully furnishes Lib.
||11 ( computer with Internet)
||68 (Free online Journals)
||NPTEL- Video Lectures
||E-Books & E-Journal
||National Digital Library
LIBRARY TIMING :( MONDAY TO FRIDAY)
Library opens on 10:00 am. Library closed on 5:30 pm.
Saturday: 10:00 am to 2:00pm
GGSP MEDIA CENTRE
The GGSP Library users can now access full text e- Journals /e-books several databases on library Intranet network.
- National Digital Library of India (NDL India): NDL is an all-digital library that stores information (metadata) about different types of digital contents including books, articles, videos, audios, thesis and other educational materials relevant for users from varying educational levels and capabilities. It provides a single-window search facility to access digital contents currently existing in India as well as other digital sources under a single umbrella.
Link: https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in .
- NPTEL: NPTEL is an acronym for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for creating course contents in engineering and science. Five engineering branches (Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics and Communication and Mechanical) and core science programmes that all engineering students are required to take in their undergraduate engineering programme in India were chosen initially. Contents for the above courses were based on the model curriculum suggested by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the syllabi of major affiliating Universities in India.
- Springer Open: The Springer Open portfolio has grown tremendously since its launch in 2010, so that we now offer researchers from all areas of science, technology, medicine, the humanities and social sciences a place to publish open access in journals and books. Publishing with Springer Open makes your work freely available online for everyone, immediately upon publication, and our high-level peer-review and production processes guarantee the quality and reliability of the work.
- Elsevier Open Access Journals: All articles in open access journals which are published by Elsevier have undergone peer review and upon acceptance are immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download.
Link : https://www.elsevier.com/about/open-science/open-access/open-access-journals
- Shodhganga: Shodhganga is an Open Access Repository of full-text theses submitted to universities in India. Membership is not required to browse, view, search and download theses available in Shodhganga. However, INFLIBNET signs MoUs with universities so as to facilitate submission of electronic version of theses into Shodhganga and synopses/approved research proposals into Shodhgangotri. The eligible universities that signs MoUs with INFLIBNET Centre on Shodhganga are provided access to anti-plagiarism software. Colleges are not eligible for this benefit.
(Details are available at http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ): DOAJ is a community-curate online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals. All DOAJ services are free of charge including being indexed in DOAJ. All data is freely available.
Link : https://doaj.org
- Rare Book Society of India: The Rare Book Society of India is the first of its kind – it is a virtual space for rare book collectors and history buffs to read, discuss, rediscover and download lost books. Provides Open Access.
DIRECTORY OF OPEN ACCESS BOOKS
The primary aim of DOAB is to increase discoverability of Open Access books. The directory is open to all publishers who publish academic, peer reviewed books in Open Access and should contain as many books as possible, provided that these publications are in Open Access and meet academic standards.
Rules & Regulation :
- Entire library is primarily intended for the students & staff of the Institute.
- All students must maintain discipline in the library.
- Personal belongings are not allowed in stack room, reference section & digital library.
- Eatables are not allowed inside the library.
- Students are allowed to use library facilities during library Hour, Recess and after college hour.
- Following things are not permitted folding the corners of pages, marking, underlining or highlighting the content or text matter, tearing out the pagers, writing with pen or pencil on pages.
- Books will be issued only after showing the identity card.
- Ensure to get issued the books on same day for which you have placed the demand slip. Otherwise same books will be issued to next student.
- Book/s is issued for one week. The book/s may be reissued for another week through renewal request before return due date, if there is no demand from another student for the same book.
- If a student fails to return book/s on return date, he/she will be charged with fine
- The back issues of certain journals / magazines can be done for 2 days.
- If book is lost by barrower or damaged to be unserviceable for future use, barrower should submit the new copy of same book; otherwise pay the market cost of the book.
- Reference books will be not issued outside the library. However such books will be issued to refer in library / Reading hall only during the library working hour.
LIBRARY STAFF :
||MR BHALERAO ARUN LAXMAN
||MR.NAGARKOTI RAVINDER SINGH
||MRS.AHER SUNITA PUNJARAM